Skip to Main Content

Skip to Sidebar / Section Navigation

Skip to Main Navigation

General community resources

  • Vermont 211 is a number to dial for information about social services and referrals throughout Vermont.
  • The Vermont Center for Independent Living promotes the dignity, independence and civil rights of Vermonters with disabilities.
  • Looking for assistance in achieving economic security? Visit Capstone Community Action.
  • Common Good Vermont is a statewide network of nonprofits, consultants, funders and
  • For Vermonters with disabilities who want to work, there are benefits, programs and services for job seekers at the state’s VocRehab website.
  • United Way of Lamoille County for stronger and healthier communities.
  • Green Mountain United Way serving Essex, Orleans, Caledonia, Washington, and Orange Counties.
  • Are you thinking about moving to Vermont for school, work, or play?
  • RSVP Volunteer Program connecting volunteers to current community needs.
  • Onion River Exchange is an organized time bank serving central Vermont, an exchange of services and goods without money.

Resources for people 55 and older and their families

  • The first stop for seniors, their families and their caregivers looking for information should be the Central Vermont Council on Aging (CVCOA).
  • For Vermonters over the age of 60 or who have a disability, Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living (DAIL).
  • The Vermont affiliate of AARP, dedicated to enhancing quality of life for all as we age.
  • COVE (Community of Vermont Elders), a nonprofit team of elder volunteers, policy specialists and staff who work to improve Vermont’s public policy and programs as they would impact senior citizens.
  • In Washington County, Central Vermont Home Health & Hospice.
  • In Lamoille County, Lamoille County Home Health & Hospice.
  • In Orange County, the Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice of Vermont and New Hampshire.

Home heating, transportation, and environmental links

Affordable housing